Chi-Spaniel...A mix between a Cocker Spaniel and a Chihuahua

This unique breed makes an amazing pet. Since I've found very little information on this breed, I thought I'd organize what I know and chronicle my dog's life to help other pet owners.
NOTE: I'm willing to re-home chi-spaniels! I live in the Pittsburgh area. Feel free to email me at: chispaniel@live.com

Saturday, September 29, 2012

3 Month Old ChiSpaniel Puppy

3 Month Old ChiSpaniel Puppy

"My Octopus never listens to me."


Unwilling fashion victim: Sporting a Hello Kitty winter jacket.

ChiSpaniels are NOT outdoor pets.  I had mine clipped in a saddle-back cut on a 90 degree summer day and she was still shivering.  These dogs would rather be social with first, humans, second, little dogs, then third, other dogs.  Leaving a dog outside is cruel. If you can't keep your ChiSpaniel indoors, for its health, please find it a more appropriate home.  

My ChiSpaniel has definitely inherited her Chihuahua father's intolerance to extreme temperatures.  She can't take the cold and she can't take the heat.  Please keep this in mind!  My ChiSpaniel has a coat for each season and sweaters as well.  If you wouldn't expose your baby to the weather, don't expose your ChiSpaniel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment